Monday, July 25, 2011

Ugly dresser turned into a buffet table


Ugh, where to begin. Have you ever had a bedroom furniture that just made you cringe? I hated the sight of this 1980's disaster of a dresser. I blame Shaun ;) he bought it from a family member when he came back from Iraq (he just needed furniture asap and settled.) When we first moved into our home, we put the furniture in our guest bedroom.. so WARNING, here is the before.


Gag


Double gag!

I was bound and determined to turn this ugly duckling into a beautiful swan.. or a buffet table. First, I took off the hutch..


I am currently trying to figure out how this will fit in my trash can. But anywho, I sanded down the actual dresser.. and painted the bottom portion white.


And then I had my hubby stain the top! It matches my dining room table.


This is it so far..

Sucha cutie! And the dresser isn't so bad either ;)

I added these BEAUTIFUL baskets I got at Goodwill! Can you believe it? GOODWILL is uhmazing. They were only $2.99 a piece! So I dusted my hands of the high Target basket prices and put these bad boys in my cart.





I found these super cute knobs from the hob lob for 50% off. *$1.50 a piece*




Then I decorated it with... Fall things. Yes yes yes I know it is only July but I can't control myself. I lurve fall. I found these buffet lamps at walmart for ten bucks a piece and this garland at hob lob for 5 bucks! The clock was from Kirklands and I just put a charger behind it. This potpourri canister is from Kirklands as well... that I got for FREE with a coupon! It is filled with apple cinnamon yummy goodness. And the adorable kettle is from goodwill, a $5 beauty.



Then lastly, I found this wine rack at goodwill for 4 dollars, spray painted it black and there ya go.




So my finished buffet looks like this!......




*Pats self on back* I am so happy with the way it turned out. This was my first DIY project and boy am I hooked! O and I can't forget my bacon smelling candle..

*Inhales deeply* 


I am going to go stare at my creation. See you in the next post!

Alyssa

14 comments:

  1. OMG so me an you both are like total link! ive been decorating my room like crazy too!! i did my own DIY canopy for my bed since its like a couch bed!! I LOVE everything super cute love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you're so right...it really WAS UGLY (lol)...but what a SPECTACULAR transformation!!! WOW!!!

    Deborah, visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a wee suggestion...perhaps you might consider turning off word verification on your blog...many blurfers just won't go that "extra" step, so you might be missing out on some comments...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the finished product. The baskets are perfect and such a great deal!

    Before you throw that ugly mirror hutch thingy away, you might want to think about redoing it?? Pull the back up and replace with some beadboard. Then take the useless side shelf things off and put in full shelves. Once it was painted it could look amazing as a bookshelf/hutch. I LOVE the carved ornate corner details on the top of the hutch thingy...Anyways sorry for the long comment...Absolutely LOVE your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks awesome and works perfectly now as a buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to transform it into a buffet! Love the creamy, dreamy base with the rich top. I'm putting your buffet in the PoPP Spotlight. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the top....use it, don't lose it...it would also work as a bathroom mirror. I have seen some people use the tops of old organs as a vanity mirror too..great job on your transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great transformation, lovely colour combo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You did an amazing job, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog
    and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the
    last part :) I care for such information a lot.

    I was seeking this certain information for a very long
    time. Thank you and good luck.

    Feel free to surf to my blog - know more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there to every one, because I am actually keen of reading
    this website's post to be updated regularly. It carries fastidious data.

    my webpage: office clearance Dorchester

    ReplyDelete
  12. Undeniably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared
    to be on the net the easiest thing to bear in mind of. I say
    to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst other people consider issues that they plainly do not understand about.
    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects ,
    people can take a signal. Will probably be again to
    get more. Thanks

    Here is my web-site - life coach Johannesburg

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually something which I feel I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely extensive for me. I'm having a look ahead to your next post, I'll attempt to get the hold of it!

    Check out my page - contact

    ReplyDelete